During the first semester I was working on the denim project as well as a fashion construction support module. Fashion construction is not my strongest area and consequently I wasn’t looking forward to it, however during the module I learnt a large amount of new skills such as subtraction cutting, moving darts and transformation reconstruction. The module was based around incorporating our initials into the garments and I chose to produce a jumpsuit. I used all three of my initials on the legs and the bodice details and I produced the jumpsuit from a top and trouser block. I found the module difficult and there were areas that weren’t as successful such as placing my zip down the centre back, the binding and matching the striped fabric which I hadn’t used before.
I believe my final outcome was successful however it is on the small side and I therefore chose not to model it on a person.